Sunday, March 2, 2008

The God Particle

First just let me say this article was a bit confusing. I didn't understand most of it. I usualy don't understand these type of articles, for one thing it doesn't interest me that much. So I can say I think there are more important things to be worrying about just like adam and madelyn said. The money shouldn't be "wasted" as some would say, on something like this when its not neccesarily needed for the human life. Things like Global Warming, roads (examples i got from madelyn), starving countries, and alternative engergies should be looked at and spent on before this finding where we came from stuff. Although this research would be tremendous for the science field, I dont think its neccisary for daily life for anyone.
The god particle, on the other hand, does sound astounding. It amazes me that the LHC weighs more than the ifle tower and stretches across the border of two countries. That's insanely huge. I don't really have much more to say about this subject, besides once again i didnt really understand it, including quarks and gluons, but in a way it is pretty cool to think about what they could discover. It's just not needed.

1 comment:

Ender said...

off topic... hi tara. I wonder where everyone went? I havent seen you osseo ppl at all. miss the good times.