Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Future

I've allways wanted to be in charge, to be able to make the rules, tell other people what to do, and manage everything. That pretty much says "own my own buisness." At first I wanted to be a veternarian. After a while I knew I wouldn't be able to stand seeing animals hurt and die...i have a hard time watching animals get hurt in movies. Then of course i had the athletes dream. Becoming pro for hockey. One problem.... as of now there is no womens pro for hockey.

I relized i loved to watch shows like extreme mackover house adition, and this old house. Shows that have to do with remodeling and designing. it's true those shows are so catchy anyone would love watching them. I also like to read technical stuff in remodelers magazine (my dad gets the magazine) about required and standard measurements for an example.... the minimum and maximun height of a bathroom sink, and stuff like that. One summer i really wanted to learn how to draw a blue print. So my dad tought me and i drew a blue print of our house.(pretty close to scale, i think) Now being an architect doesn't sound like enough for me. I want to design everything down to the couches and table clothes, paint and carpet inside the houses too. I want to do like a full out remodeling/designing thing. I know ill have to start off with working for someone, starting small and working on one thing at a time, but my goal is to own my own buisness. In college i really want to double major in architecture and structual engineering.

I often think that i may have thought over this whole "plan" to much. but how does science come into this future. Well obviously architecture requires a lot of math. Science and math are pratically the same thing. Structual engineering has to do a lot with mass, balance, weight distribution, etc. Science is all about that. Also trying new ideas and designs might not allways work. Some may not physically be able to be sustained while others just wont look good. It's very often that you will run into problems (even though you should try and smooth those out befoer you start building.) But that brings the science method into all of this.

13 comments:

BVoight said...

Dang bonqueesha, I had no idea. i'm floored by this post. Isn't creating things so darn much fun? I love to build things too and found myself awake at nights "building" the deck on my house in my head. It is sort of addicting. Pretty sweet. Good luck!

subbu said...

your darn right im thinking of money. I'm not gonna spend all of it. I'll probably donate 90% of it when i get older. If i'm gonna be a good guy, i might as well be a well-paid one.

Luke VanGeest said...

I like your idea about building and doing architecture. But I don't think math and science are the exact same thing. But yes owning your own buisness is amazing. I want to do that with a resteraunte. or guitar shop or something like that, where I can be #1

Ashley said...

i can totally see you being an all-in-one architect interior design and realtor. i kinda added the realtor thing in there but it made sense. design, build, model, sell :) haha i think its cool that you know what you want to do or have an idea

Amy said...

i think that you would be really good at architecture and those sorts of things. it also seems like you know what you need to do to get to that point where you can achieve your goals

subbu said...

Good post. Architecture is all geometry so you should pay extra attention in class. It'd be awesome if you have your own architect business. Maybe you'll be the female Donald Trump if you work hard and eliminate the enemies. I mean eliminate, if you need help with that, I can arrange it for you. Not really, I'd probably fail badly. There is always the underworld. I used to think it wasn't there anymore but the Gambinos just got busted so there is a mafia. I don't know how you'll find them though. If i find their website, I'll let you know.
Alright, i'm off topic

Good luck with your architect/business/building thing you want to do.

RySk said...

good post

RySk said...

hey, its me again, just saying, good post

RySk said...

hey, its me again, just saying, good job

RySk said...

hey, its me again, just saying, your doing some good blogging

RySk said...

hey, its me again, just saying, how come you aren't responding

RySk said...

hey, its me again, how come you aren't responding

Chelsey said...

i think that would be such a fun job. when i was like 10,11, and 12 i used to take my moms magazines like potery barn and such and put together every room i could think of and compile them into one notebook then draw a few aditional pieces of my own designed furniture. and i would pick like paint colors, carpeting, lighting and a whole buch of stuff. then i had a graph paper note book and i would draw out the house plan and sometimes i would look through our city's house ads and pick which one it was. i had a few notebooks but i think over my last move i only kept one. anyways getting away from that tangent i also think that would be an amazing job. i think that would be a great job for you and i think you could do very well at something like that.