Monday, January 7, 2008

What causes change?

This post is just a begining of writing my thoughts about "what causes change". I still need more evidence and/or support.

Change is causes by a variable(s) that are going to effec the outcome or overall state of anything.


Ex. add white to blue and you will get a lighter blue.

The color white was the variable , the color blue was the "anything" and the color becoming the lighter blue was the change.


Ex. Putting cookies in the oven makes them cook and get crisp.

The variable is heat, the "anything" is the cookie dough, and the change is the cookie dough cooking and becoming crisp.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, basically, you're saying that change is caused by something reacting to its enviroment?

Smeber said...

I agree with what marta said to sum up your comments. If you look at my blog I think you'll find that what I said about involving different things together causes change is very similiar to your ideas.

subbu said...

Similar to Kendall's post. It is a good idea and is very quick to its point but all types of changes cannot be because of what other things do to an object. It would be great if it could and you'd be able to answer Mr. Voight's essay question in 1 sentence . Example;radioactive atoms can change the number of neutrons inside of them because of their instability.

Ender said...

You seem to have the same idea I do, marta, environmental change causes reaction. Tara, I agree with what you said, but you need to expand on it. I know I'm criticizing, but I think it needs revision. You know, I actually think I'm being concieted. I appraised everybody, but if they didn't have all I had, I criticized them.

lalli pop said...

I like the way you started out with your thoughts. I cansee what your talking about with the variables but dont you think theres a lot more to change than just that?